Yvonne Radley is flying solo for this episode to focus on traditional media rather than the online aspect of marketing your business. With more than two decades of experience in television, radio and magazines, Yvonne has a wealth of knowledge to pass on to you.
She will be talking about marketing your business on the air and in print without having to spend a penny – and isn’t that an attractive price for anyone? Have a listen to find out how!
In this podcast, you will learn:
- Why you should avoid the advertising department and focus towards the news team
- How an award can do wonders for your marketability
- The benefits of pouncing on a national story
- The perfect time to call a radio newsroom to be heard
- What are good stories to pitch to a newsroom, and what stories you should avoid
- How far in advance magazines work, so you will know how ahead of time you should send through press releases
- What #journorequest and #haro are
Yvonne’s Twitter – https://twitter.com/yvonneradley
Press release template and guide – https://bigmeupmedia.com/press-release-template/
Thanks for listening to the Big Me Up Podcast. Did you enjoy it? If so, why not share it with your friends so they can listen too!
We appreciate all feedback, so feel free to leave us a comment.
The podcast is also available on iTunes, so why not subscribe and get automatic updates!