Ellie Henman joins Yvonne on the podcast to talk about how you can get your name and brand into magazines, in what is a follow-on from what Yvonne touched upon in episode 6.
Ellie will let you know about what you need to do, what pitfalls to avoid, and what you can do to make sure your pitch is the one that gets put into print.
In this podcast, you will learn:
- The importance of doing your homework regarding magazines, news and online trends
- Whether you should aim for one target or going for the scatter-gun approach
- How far in advance some magazines can work
- Who you should contact, and when
- How long your pitch should be
Bauer Media – https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/
Closer Magazine – https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/brands/closer
Country Walking Magazine – https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/brands/country#country-walking
Heat Magazine – https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/brands/heat
On the Front Line – Marie Colvin http://www.amazon.co.uk/On-Front-Line-Collected-Journalism/dp/0007487967
Thanks for listening to the Big Me Up Podcast. Did you enjoy it? If so, why not share it with your friends so they can listen too!
We appreciate all feedback, so feel free to leave us a comment.
The podcast is also available on iTunes, so why not subscribe and get automatic updates!