Believe it or not I don’t always wake up full of the joys of Spring. Sometimes I wake up in a bit of a funk, especially on a Monday with the daunting openness of the week ahead. Wondering if plans are going to pan out, appointments to keep, work to be done. Its a lot. When we’re in it, we’ll feel better. But right now as we stand on the edge, its daunting.
And so, what can we do? Well, there’s certain things I do to shift the energy. Let me share them with you today so they can possibly help you too.
- I get grateful. I write down 3 things I’m grateful for right now, today and then I take it one step further and give three reasons why. This really helps me to go deeper on an issue and expand my thinking.
- I journal. I make lists. I empty my head. I put pen to paper and I get it all down which gives me clarity and also gets rid of any fears hanging around. When you see it in black and white it’s not so frightening.
- I give to others. I blog on Instagram and in my emails. I share ideas. I teach. Hopefully I inspire others and challenge how they think.
- I move my body. It may be yoga or I may go for a walk depending on what the weather is doing.
- I meditate. I get still and go within. The magic happens on the beats in between the noise. My brain is always noisy so this is a hard one for me to achieve but I have moments and that’s all I need.
- I listen to music. This morning it was Stormzy and classical binaural beats.